This bundle is a thematic unit for The Butterfly, written by Patricia Polacco. This book is a perfect read aloud after reading Lois Lowry's Number the Stars, as students can make many connections, and can easily compare and contrast both books.
This unit includes:
1. Vocabulary PowerPoint Presentation (.pdf format)
- Defines and illustrates challenging words found in text.
- English translation of French words found in text.
2. Text Dependent Task Cards
- 16 cards
- Student Answer Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
3. Compare and Contrast Essay Writing
- Venn Diagram mini-lesson
- Venn Diagrams
- Monique and Sevrine
- Number the Stars and The Butterfly
- Writing Paper for Essay
4. Symmetry Lesson
- Interactive PowerPoint (.pdf format)
- Match symmetrical letters or shapes
- Cut and Fold Shapes
- Draw lines of symmetry worksheet
- Color symmetrical butterfly
NOTE: TASK CARDS and COMPARE AND CONTRAST ESSAY WRITING ACTIVITY are sold separately. All are bundled here and offered at a bargain price.
Be sure to check out the PREVIEW for a small sampling of the activities included.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE PATRICIA POLACCO RESOURCES:
Thank You, Mr. Falker Literacy Skills
Thunder Cake Task Cards (Patricia Polacco)
The Junkyard Wonders ... Literacy Skillwork
Thank you for taking a look! I invite you to follow my TPT Store. Just click on the green “Follow Me” button next to the RESOURCES4U Happy Apple at the top of this page.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases! Hearing your feedback is greatly appreciated!