PLEASE READ: As of May 20, this bundle will no longer include the Phonemic Awareness Bundle. If you purchase this bundle before 5/20/22, you will still have access to the Phonemic Awareness Bundle. Please download the BONUS file by 5/20/22. After this date, it will be available as a separate purchase. Thank you! email@example.com
If you feel disorganized, unprepared, or unsure about guided reading, then you are in the right place! This toolkit is perfect for streamlining your guided reading instruction in kindergarten and first grade.
Do you sometimes struggle to fit in all of your guided reading groups?
Do you wish you had tools on hand to model a certain skill or strategy quickly?
Do you wish you had organized, ready-to-go resources for your students to practice important skills at each reading level?
These 'wishes' were the inspiration for my newest resource: Reading Warm-ups!
This toolkit is the perfect resource for reviewing a few skills to warm up your students' brains before your guided reading book, or as a quick strategy lesson before sending them off to read independently!
⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is an AMAZING resource! I always struggle to get together plans for all my guided reading groups, but don't have to anymore with these warm up activities! Very engaging activities for my struggling learner kiddos. Thank you!” -Brittany C.
There are 3 components to this resource, for each level! PRINTABLE + DIGITAL
- 1-page warm-ups: These are designed to be a quick 2 or 3-minute review and practice of reading skills and strategies to warm up your students for reading! You can do the whole page or pick a section to work on. Teacher directions to read to students are in each box, so these are great for assistants and subs as well. There are 181 warm-ups (plus new phonological awareness warm-ups!) in this bundle for levels AA to J.
- Skill Cards: These cards focus on one skill at a time, providing many practice opportunities. There are 900 cards included in this bundle (including the NEW phonological awareness cards)!
- Teacher Tent Cards: These foldable cards are perfect for introducing or reviewing the skill/ strategy, modeling, and keeping on display for reference throughout your lesson! No planning necessary and no more fumbling to find an example to model! Just read the teacher side and show the example side to kids. 74 tent cards are included in the following 4 categories:
- Print Concepts
- Comprehension & Monitoring
- Fluency & Expression
***PLUS Phonological Awareness Bundle!
- One-page Warm-ups
- Over 200 Task Cards
- 20 Practice Pages
- Teacher Guide
- Skills Covered: Word awareness, rhyming, alliteration, phoneme isolation, blending, segmenting, addition, deletion, substitution
>>>Skills and Strategies Include:
•Left to right directionality
•1:1 Correspondence using pictures, letters, words, and sentences
•Letter vs. picture discrimination
•Reading decodable labels
•Blending CVC, CCVC, VCE words
•Initial and Final Blends
•Reading sentences with the above skills
•Sight word fluency
•Matching text to pictures
•Dialogue: Quotation marks
•Expression: Bold words
•Using Text Features
•Identifying Story Elements
•Figuring out unknown words
•Using a pronunciation Guide
•Reading -s, -ed and –ing endings
•Monitoring for understanding
• and so much MORE!
***FREE DIGITAL UPGRADE*** Now also includes digital Google Slides versions of all components!
- Reading Strategy Cards
- Skill Cards
This bundle includes the following bundles:
**Please see preview of each bundle included to see this massive resource!