This unit can be used to help introduce the Caldecott Award to your students. Each year, the file will be updated to include the current year’s winners and honor winners. It consists of:
* Introduction poster
* Caldecott Award Medal with basic facts about the medal
* Caldecott Honor Book with additional facts about the medal
* Student note-taking sheet
* Examples of the Medal winners and Honor winners starting from 2010
* Mini-posters for the two illustrators who have won the Caldecott Award three times (Marcia Brown and David Wiesner)
* A list of all the winners since 2000 including their call numbers so that you can find examples in your library quickly
* A list of all the honor winners since 2010 including their call numbers so that you can find examples in your library quickly.
* A copy of all the slides as a powerpoint so that you can use it with your students.
I hope you find this useful!