This is a book companion unit for by Patricia Reilly Giff
* Comprehension questions for each chapter
* Vocabulary and word work lessons
* Extension activities to provide additional engagement with the story.
book unit is ideal for guided reading groups, small group instruction, or as a supplement for your whole-group read aloud.
You will find plenty of ideas and resources to support your literacy program.
Here's what teachers have said:
- "I don't know who loved this more, my students or myself!"
- "This is perhaps the best reading unit I've ever purchased ! I love the skills; especially the vocabulary. Well worth the money"
- "Wow! You thought of everything!"
- "So excited to use this in my 2nd grade class! I love the deeper thinking activities:)"
Other Novel Studies available:
Donavan's Word Jar by Monalisa DeGross
The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I hope you find this resource beneficial in your classroom.
Please remember that these activities are for just you and your students.
If you would like a copy of this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at a great discounted price.
Electronic distribution is limited to SINGLE classroom use only. Do not post this product electronically in ANY form. Do not copy or sell any part of this product. To do so violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Copyright © Alison Monk All rights reserved the author.
The Literacy Garden LLC
For more ideas and teacher tips:
♥ The Literacy Garden is committed to designing resources that help students grow in ELA proficiency and become successful readers and writers. I'd love to hear how this resource worked with your class!