Use The Candymakers to Teach Comparing and Contrasting
This Book Club Bundle for The Candymakers is an excellent choice for 5th grade readers who are ready to begin using more sophisticated comprehension strategies.
This package includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and resources designed to support small group reading instruction that focuses on Comparing and Contrasting.
Here's What You'll Get:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 8 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Comparing and Contrasting
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
- Spanish translation of Book Club Management Resources for use with The Candymakers
All of the lesson plans and activities included in this package are aligned to the Common Core Standards for fifth grade.
I hope that you will enjoy using my resources along with your copy or copies of The Candymakers by Wendy Mass.
If you have any questions about the resources included in this set please email me at AmyMackenzie@BookPagez.com. It will be my pleasure to reply and help you in any way I can.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my products. And don't forget to follow me for updates and to find out when new products are added to my store, here at Teachers Pay Teachers!