This highly visual and EDITABLE JEOPARDY POWERPOINT GAME
contains many diagrams to help explain the questions or help illustrate the correct answers. There are FIVE categories and a total of 25 questions. Also included is a complete chart of all the questions with the answers as well as a teacher’s instruction sheet. This is a review activity my students love to play.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THIS JEOPARDY GAME IN ACTION.
THE FIVE CATEGORIES IN THIS JEOPARDY POWERPOINT GAME ARE:
1) CARBON RESERVOIRS
3) FOSSIL FUELS
4) CARBON DIOXIDE
5) ODDS AND ENDS
Carbon as a cycle. Carbon reservoirs. Abiotic and biotic sources of carbon. Carbon dioxide’s function as a greenhouse gas. A carbon cycle diagram to label. Fossil fuels (petroleum, natural gas, peat and coal). Photosynthesis (with formula). Cellular respiration (with formula). Assimilation. Death and decomposition. Fossilization. Combustion. Deforestation. Long-term and short-term carbon reservoirs
NOT ALL JEOPARDY POWERPOINT GAMES ARE MADE EQUAL:
There are many Jeopardy PowerPoint games out there, most made from simple templates. Most of them lack essential features that would make the game more educational and fun to play. I have designed my own Jeopardy PowerPoint from scratch (not using someone else’s template), adding features that make my Jeopardy PowerPoints much more interesting and user friendly than the rest (see below for these features).
I have also designed my game so that when a question value is clicked, a question comes up and the students have to provide an answer. This is not like real Jeopardy which is the other way around. Some students find constructing a question from an answer too difficult even if they know the answer (especially ESL learners). This prevents them from being able to participate fully so I have decided that my Jeopardy powerpoints will be question first, followed by the answer. I have found that this makes the game more inclusive.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THIS JEOPARDY POWERPOINT:
1) SOUND EFFECTS: Jeopardy theme song, timer count down sound, buzzer sound for time out, jeopardy think song for final jeopardy and double jeopardy sound.
7) DIAGRAMS: Almost all Jeopardy power points I have seen lack diagrams in their questions or answers, I think these are invaluable in helping students correct and understand their mistakes, as well as makes the game more visually engaging.
2) TIMER FOR REGULAR JEOPARDY QUESTIONS: I added a visual and audio timer that activates for 8 seconds and has a soft timer sound. It buzzes at the end of the 8 seconds so you don’t have to be the one to keep time.
3) TIMER FOR FINAL JEOPARDY: There is also a 32 second timer with the “think song” for final jeopardy. This timer makes the game more authentic, interesting and easier to run.
4) COLOR-CODED CATEGORIES: Each category title is done in a different color and each category question under a category has the same border color to match. This helps with the visual organization of the game board.
5) CATEGORIES AND QUESTION VALUES ON THE QUESTION SLIDE: I have found that in the excitement to play, students often forget the category or question value once it comes time to answer their chosen question. I have included both the category and question value in the upper right-hand corner of the question slide to remind them.
6) ANSWERS ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE QUESTIONS: This helps you relate the answer back to the question asked. This helps during the correction of wrong answers and enhances learning for the entire class.
SAVE 35% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE CARBON CYCLE LESSON BUNDLE.
This product is a part of a lesson bundle containing 8 resources on the carbon cycle. When you purchase the bundle, you are getting a comprehensive set of tools to teach and engage all types of learners. You also get a 35% discount off of all the items.
The Carbon Cycle - LESSON BUNDLE
35% OFF = $16.98 (A value of $26.15)
ALL THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS ON THIS TOPIC AND IN THE LESSON BUNDLE:
The Carbon Cycle - PowerPoint
To watch this CLICK HERE.
The Carbon Cycle - PowerPoint Worksheet
The Carbon Cycle - Review Worksheet
The Carbon Cycle - Crossword
The Carbon Cycle - Task Cards
The Carbon Cycle - Jeopardy PowerPoint Game
The Carbon Cycle - Terminology Review Game
The Carbon Cycle - Test
CLICK HERE TO SEE TANGSTAR'S PRODUCTS FOR OTHER TOPICS