THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
A NOTE ABOUT THE PRODUCT: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from CATCHER IN THE RYE. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect activity for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for high school:
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* Animal Farm
* Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Crucible
* The Grapes of Wrath
* The Great Gatsby
* King Lear
* The Merchant of Venice
* A Midsummer Night's Dream
* Of Mice and Men
* Oedipus Rex
* The Pearl
* A Raisin in the Sun
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Taming of the Shrew
* The Tempest
* To Kill a Mockingbird
Like my products? Take a look at my LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER line—great writing lessons, some barely touched on in textbooks, based on my years of teaching “in the trenches”!
Here are my fun and challenging products over THE CATCHER IN THE RYE:
• Bookmarks Plus: THE CATCHER IN THE RYE edition—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 50-Word Prereading Crossword! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Contains the words from the Words to Know list from Bookmarks Plus (see above). Use both products to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are merged into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds and a good spelling workout!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Challenging but fun! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 16 Theme-Related Quotations! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!