THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from THE CATCHER IN THE RYE. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original order of their letters, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
OTHER HIGH SCHOOL EDITIONS!
* Animal Farm
* The Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Grapes of Wrath
* Of Mice and Men
* The Pearl
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Time Machine
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* The War of the Worlds
Here are my unique products over THE CATCHER IN THE RYE! View them in my store
• Bookmarks Plus: THE CATCHER IN THE RYE edition—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 50-Word Prereading Crossword! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Contains the words from the Words to Know list from Bookmarks Plus (see above). Use both products to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are merged into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds and a good spelling workout!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Challenging but fun! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: 16 Theme-Related Quotations! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!