This test for The Catcher in the Rye contains four sections:
1. 15 character identification matching questions
2. 5 Quote identification and analysis short answer questions
3. 5 Symbol discussion and analysis short answer questions
4. An essay: a "raft" where students imagine they are Holden's therapist who has just listened to his entire story-- students are instructed to write in the voice of the therapist, identifying and discussing key points of Holden's story; identifying his strengths, weaknesses, and the key to his problems; and offering advice for what Holden should do to move forward in his life.
A task list score sheet is provided for the essay.
This exam could be given in a block period or over two short periods. The exam could also be given without the essay portion, or the essay could be a separate assignment.
The exam is a word document so you can modify it as desired.
This a challenging but fair exam, and the essay prompt leads to an essay that is actually fun to write and read!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.