This pre-reading assignment gives students research ideas, such as:
- researching the author, the controversy behind the novel, Holden's character traits, the bildungsroman genre, and life and times in America at the time of publication.
- I also include a psychology link with a research idea on teen depression and investigating Erik Erikson's psychosocial theory, focusing on identity vs. role confusion.
- extension activities such as listening to a NPR piece on Holden as "the original sullen teenager" and investigating www.deadcaulfields.com.
A Note From Me:
I love making products for high school students that are creative, engaging and fun to use in the classroom. It is my sincere hope that you find this product useful. Please check out some of my other resources at Allyson’s Creative Corner.
Happy by Pharrell Williams: A Literary Analysis of the Hit Song & Fun Activities
Life in Six Words Memoirs – Creative Writing
Persepolis Task Cards
Click on the green star above next to my store logo above for product updates. Thank you for following my store.
Allyson’s Creative Corner
Your feedback is important. Please leave a rating and comments to earn valuable TPT credits for future purchases.
How to Rate this Resource:
• Go to My Purchases
. *You may need to log in.
• Look for the Provide Feedback
button beside each purchase.
• Once you click on the Provide Feedback button, you may leave a rating and a short comment.
• Each time you leave feedback, TPT gives you credits for you to use to lower the cost of future purchases.
Thanks again for visiting my store!