"The Catcher in the Rye" Study Guide and Reading Quizzes offers a comprehensive study aid:
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Detailed notes on characters;
3. Original introduction to genre, themes, etc;
4. Each chapter typically has commentary, study questions and background notes to the text. (42 in-depth questions guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, interpretation and discussion, not to test. They are excellent for group discussion but can equally be used for self-study, homework, formal presentations, written answers, etc. No answers are provided - the students WILL find their answers in the text;
5. Quizzes: Students can't study a novel unless they have read it! Here is a simple way to ensure that students have read and understood the novel. There are 3-4 questions per chapter arranged section by section;
6. Guide on using the guiding questions to generate discussion, groups work and presentations.
7. Materials and ideas for discussion on the controversial nature of this text;
8. Two graphic organizers for student notes.
[On TPT I also have a Study Guide to this novel without the quizzes, and the Quizzes as a stand-alone unit.]