The following is a two-day (75 minute periods) common core-based lesson on the Causes of World War I. Contained within this bundle is the worksheet, a corresponding PowerPoint presentation, and a writing assignment with rubric.
Overall, the bundle contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Militarism and arms race
• Entangling Alliances
• Rise of aggressive nationalism
• Assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand
• The declaration of war
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• Link to 5-minute video clip with question
• Cartoon analysis with questions.
• The Problem of Alliances activity
• Endless opportunities for class discussion
• Nearly 30 fact-based and critical thinking questions!
• PowerPoint presentation with 11 slides filled with images, maps, cartoons
• Writing assignment included with rubric
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this product. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!