The following is a two-day (75 minute periods) common core-based lesson on the Causes of World War I. Contained within this bundle is the worksheet, a corresponding PowerPoint presentation, and a writing assignment with rubric.
Overall, the bundle contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Militarism and arms race
• Entangling Alliances
• Rise of aggressive nationalism
• Assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand
• The declaration of war
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• Link to 5-minute video clip with question
• Cartoon analysis with questions.
• The Problem of Alliances activity
• Endless opportunities for class discussion
• Nearly 30 fact-based and critical thinking questions!
• PowerPoint presentation with 11 slides filled with images, maps, cartoons
• Writing assignment included with rubric
NEW! Answer key included!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this product. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!