Is RIGOR your district's current buzzword? If so, you need these ideas about how to provide challenging independent reading experiances. Challenge your middle grade students to read a fictional book that is truly challenging for them.
What's included in this purchase?
- What makes a book challenging? A list of criteria for students to consider.
- A recommended list of challenge reads for middle school students.
- Text-dependent Analysis (TDA) essay prompt about the challenging novel
- Difficulty level criteria (holiday, just right, challenge)
- What is Lexile? a handout for students
Need a generic writing rubric to score the TDA? See