Work on retell, number and color word recognition, critical writing skills, crafts, a STEM project, and so much more with this adorable and kid-friendly Halloween story! This super fun unit is jam-packed with sequencing crafts, math worksheets, writing prompts, word wall cards, STEM planning pages, and so much more!
Do you remember hearing the story The Chocolate Chip Ghost when you were little? This story has been retold by primary teachers for years and years. There is a book available now as well. I created a resource that is full of everything you could possibly want when studying this ever popular story. I have included my own version of this story that goes along with all of the activities. If you own the book, this is the perfect time to talk about different versions of popular stories.
The unique paper towel craft will really help students commit this story to memory.
There is so much in this resource that it is difficult to explain it all!
You will find the following:
- Photo Instructions from my classroom
- The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story in color
- The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story in printer-friendly black & white
- Paper Towel retell craft in color (I use the color to create my sample.)
- Paper Towel retell craft in black & white (I give students these to color, cut out, and wrap around the roll in the correct order.)
- Word Wall Cards in color (Perfect to introduce the story!)
- Word Wall Cards in black & white
- Large Ghosts in color (I make masks to retell the story by attaching a pocket on the back and sliding a craft stick in or we use as headbands by stapling them to a sentence strip.)
- Large Ghosts in black & white
- Ghosts to use with retell gloves (I use 2 old black gloves and hot glue the pictures on the fingertips.)
- Retell House Craft in color - (I use this one for a sample.)
- Retell House Craft in black & white - Students color the pieces, create a pocket on the back of the house to store the pieces, and retell the story. They love this one!
- Color Word Printable - Color the ghosts the correct color
- Sentence Practice - Practice using the sight word "see" and color words to form the sentences
- Class Book - cover and inside pages
- Individual Books - practice using color words
- Display Craft - I let students paint the large ghosts and complete the writing page to hang in the hallway. These are so adorable and you will love seeing how creative your children can be!
- Writing Prompts - both with and without dotted lines!
- Prediction Writing Prompt - with and without dotted lines!
- STEM activity instructions, planning, and reflection pages - SO MUCH FUN!
- Retell Craft in color (Perfect for samples! Students will cut and paste the ghosts in the correct order along with the correct food.)
- Retell Craft in black & white (Perfect for student use!)
- Printables to build essential math skills
Be sure to check out the thumbnails and preview to get an up-close look at the beautiful format and engaging activities included.
•To see photos from my classroom and read a blog post about another popular Halloween resource from my store, go here:
Looking for more Halloween activities?
Try the folder games here!
You can grab these fun play dough mats by clicking here:
or try this product full of Halloween Writing Practice (part of my Interactive Writing Center on TPT)
Try these other fun & educational resources!
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!