This is a 73 page novel unit on the book The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling. This is filled with comprehension questions, writing activities, and other ideas to help you teach this book.
Included in this unit:
- Background knowledge nonfiction article on How Chocolate Is Made, with a follow up sequence activity and writing activity
- 12 Vocabulary Words (1 for each chapter) Vocabulary Master List is included, along with a word web to further work on each word
- 2 graphic organizers to help with Common Core Standard RL 3.1 Asking and Answering Questions ( 1 regular and 1 to use with post its)
- Terrific Titles sheet - having students come up with an appropriate title for each chapter to help them think of the big idea of each chapter
- 2 pages of comprehension questions for each of the 12 chapters (Answer key is included at the end)
- Coin Craftivity and Reader Response Activity
- 3 Skill Lesson sheets tied in with the novel (Fact and Opinion, Making Connections, Summarize and Predict)
- Letter Writing Activity
- End of Novel Comprehension and Vocabulary Test (Answer Key included)
- Character Traits Web and Writing Activity (Aligned with Common Core Standard RL 3.3)
- Lesson Learned Writing Responses (Aligned with Common Core Standard RL 3.2)
- Tale of King Midas story with a Venn Diagram graphic organizer to compare and contrast with The Chocolate Touch
- Extension Writing Activity
- Challenge Activity: Write Your Own Reader's Theater (Sample for Chapter 1 included as a model for students)
Check out the preview to get a closer look!
*Be sure to check out our other Novel Units at our store* Hit the star above to follow us for updates and new products!
How To Eat Fried Worms Novel Unit
Frindle Novel Unit
Mr. Popper's Penguins Novel Unit
From The Mixed Up Files.. Novel Unit
Shiloh Novel Unit