Your students will love the opportunity to demonstrate to you what they have learned in their independent reading. This choice board should act as a guide for students as they are reading a self selected novel or a novel being read in literature circles. Each activity has been aligned with the Common Core Standards.
Included:(Everything you need to be successful in a two week unit)
1. A Reading Choice Board - which should be used to have students perform at a higher level.
2. Character Cube - use to analyze the main character
3. Setting Map - illustrate and describe the setting of the story
4. Vocabulary Journal - used to define and understand new vocabulary
5. Response Journal - Gives the choicce on how they would like to respond to given questions.
6. BME - organizer used to have students summarize and illustrate the beginning, middle, and end of the novel
7, Letter to the Author
1. Create a Fake IPad - create icons that represent the various parts of the story.
2. Time Capsule Guidelines
3. Rewrite of the Story Guidelines
I hope your students enjoy this as much as my students have.