A book a week: The Christmas Adventure by Roderick Hunt (An Oxford Owl free ebook - great for interactive whiteboards)
Read the book daily for a week and complete a activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut and sequence the story events. Remedial students? Simply remove some of the story events.
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Writing/Story Recall – students write what happened before and after a key story event.
4. Word Families and Syllables – students add ‘ed’ and ‘ing’ to story words then count the number of syllables story words.
5. Cloze activity – comprehension
6. Bumper word search
7. Capital Letters and Full Stops – students add capital letters and full stops to story sentences.
8. Writing Template– students plan their own Christmas day (blank template also provided for those kids who need to draw, rather than write).
9. Writing – students think and write about what Father Christmas may like for Christmas (blank template for those students who need to draw, rather than write).
All activities were created with late Year 1/Grade 1 to Year 2
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
Come find me on Facebook - just search for "Miss Simplicity's Classroom"