The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.5 Lesson is a 16 slide PowerPoint presentation guiding students through Ch.5 : Back on this Side of the Door.
The Presentation includes the following slides:
(2)Ch. 5 Objectives and Guiding Questions
(3) Reading Task: Ch.5 Back on this Side of the Door
(4) Ch. 5 Reading Check
(5) Ch. 5 Reading Check Answer Key
(6) Reading Activity : Character Profile
(7) Characterization of Edmund using the STEAL Method
(8) Exploring Logic With the Professor
(9) Class Discussion
(10) Did You Know? C.S. Lewis and Christian Apologetics**
(11) Lunatic, Liar, Lord Argument **
(12) Argument Explained
(13) Class Discussion **
(14) Spotlight: Great Homes in England
(15) Ch. 5 Closure Questions
(16) Areas for Further Exploration
** The slides indicated by stars are designed for the study of this novel in the context of private, Catholic, or Christian schools. The slides are shaded in blue. They can be easily removed if lesson is to be used in public school. The lesson is not harmed by their exclusion. **
This lesson was designed for middle school students studying the novel. Answer keys are provided for student activity and reading check. Created with multiple cross-curricular learning opportunities in mind. Inspiring students to not only engage in the text but engage in history and the world around them. Includes quality images and online media links.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.5 Lesson by Devon Hamilton for Contextual Classroom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.