The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.7 Lesson is a 14 slide PowerPoint presentation guiding students through Ch.7 : A Day with the Beavers.
The Presentation includes the following slides:
(2)Ch. 7 Objectives and Guiding Questions
(3) Reading Task: Ch.7 A Day with the Beavers
(4) Ch. 7 Reading Check
(5) Ch. 7 Reading Check Answer Key
(6) Reading Activity : Analyzing Allegory
(7) Defining Allegory with video link
(8) Deciphering the Christian Allegory***
(9) Novel as Christian Allegory***
(10) Identifying Popular Allegories in Film Matching Activity with
links to film trailers
(11) Identifying Popular Allegories in Film Matching Answer Key
(12) Matching Character to Allegory Activity
(13) Busy as a Beaver Language Connection
(14) Ideas for Further Exploration Ch.7
** The slides indicated by stars are designed for the study of this novel in the context of private, Catholic, or Christian schools. The slides are shaded in blue. They can be easily removed if lesson is to be used in public school. The lesson is not harmed by their exclusion. **
This lesson was designed for middle school students studying the novel. Answer keys are provided for student activity and reading check. Created with multiple cross-curricular learning opportunities in mind. Inspiring students to not only engage in the text but engage in history and the world around them. Includes quality images and online media links.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.7 Lesson by Devon Hamilton for Contextual Classroom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.