The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.9 Lesson is a 16 slide PowerPoint presentation guiding students through Ch.9: In the Witch's House.
The Presentation includes the following slides:
(2)Ch. 9 Objectives and Guiding Questions
(3) Reading Task: Ch.9 In the Witch's House
(4) Ch. 9 Reading Check
(5) Ch. 9 Reading Check Answer Key
(6) Reading Activity : Analyzing Mood
(7) Defining Mood with video link
(8) Positive and Negative Mood Words
(9) Thinking about Mood :Think, Pair, Share Activity
(10) Defining Tone
(11) Reading Activity: Analyzing Tone
(12) Explanation of how to identify tone
(13) Positive, Negative, and Neutral Tone Words
(14) Completing the Sentence Frame Tone Activity
(15) Journal Reflection: Critical Thinking Prompts
(16) Ideas for Further Exploration for Ch.9
This lesson was designed for middle school students studying the novel. Answer keys are provided for student activity and reading check. Created with multiple cross-curricular learning opportunities in mind. Inspiring students to not only engage in the text but engage in history and the world around them. Includes quality images and online media links.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Ch.9 Lesson by Devon Hamilton for Contextual Classroom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.