The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Pre-Reading Introductory lesson is a 9 slide PowerPoint created to get students excited about their adventures in Narnia!
This is also a free sample to give you a taste of what the full The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Unit will be like. Chapter Lessons are available individually or in the unit bundle.
The Presentation includes the following slides:
(1) Title slide
(2) Lesson Objective and Learning goals
(3) Checklist for handing out class books and materials
(4) Preparing to Read Activity: Know/Question/Discover Chart for class discussion
(5) Judging a Book by its Cover Activity- which asks students to make inferences about the book and its plot based off of visual clues from popular covers of the novel over the years
(6) Author Spotlight on C.S. Lewis: A Brief Biography and short media clip giving a tour of him hometown and possible inspirations for the novel
(7) Anticipation activity with Book Trailer links and discussion
(8) Return to KQD Chart to Brainstorm Questions about the Novel
Lesson is a 45- minute lesson designed for middle school students starting The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe novel study.
Please check out my bundle of 5 question reading check quizzes for all 17 chapters of the novel with answer keys.