The Circulatory System – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (heart, artery, and vein).
• How blood travels through the body. (Short video imbedded).
• Anatomy of the human heart.
• Anatomy of blood and blood vessels.
• Circulation and respiration cycle.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete an identification of the human heart anatomy. Included terms are valve, pulmonary artery, pulmonary vein, right atrium, right ventricle, left atrium, left ventricle, superior vena cava, inferior vena cava, pericardium, and aorta.
• The second activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions of the heart anatomy next to a picture with the anatomy already labeled.
• Either of the activities can also have the teacher incorporate the SMARTBoard pen to have students use arrows to illustrate the order of blood flow through the heart.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.