The following is a two-day (75 minute periods) worksheet and PowerPoint bundle on the home front during the Civil War. This worksheet and PowerPoint includes a variety of activities that promote class discussion and critical thinking skills.
Topics covered in this worksheet include:
• Increases in federal power – various pieces of legislation
• The Emancipation Proclamation
• First draft in US History
• NYC Draft Riots
• Confederate Women
• Lincoln’s violations of civil liberties
The following activities are included:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary sources with questions
• Emancipation Proclamation analysis
• Questions for movie, Glory (not included or available on Youtube, but available at your local library or Amazon.
• Video clip from Gangs of New York (link provided)
• Civil War Home Front Station Activity – can be done in class or for homework
• 35 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Endless opportunities for class discussion.
I have also included an 8-slide PowerPoint presentation that contains brief notes, photographs, maps, and other images.
Feel free to edit this product to meet your specific needs. Follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this product Thanks!