You can purchase my entire U.S. History course here: U.S. History Complete Course
This is a Google Drive download. If you purchase the product you will have access to all the materials for 30 days and it is recommended that you download all of the materials to your computer.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A massive 3.51GB slide presentation about the American Civil War. This particular power point jumps right in with the start of the Civil War and ends with Lincoln's assassination. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips (I probably went overboard here) related to the war that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Four days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The War Begins
- A breakdown in the differences between the north and south and the breakout of the war at Fort Sumter
Day 2 - Strategy, Disease, and Shiloh
- The Anaconda Plan, medical advancements/nursing, and U.S. Grant at Shiloh
Day 3 - Antietam, Emancipation, and Gettysburg
- Lots of video this day which will need to be broken up over a few days. This covers the emancipation proclamation and strategy at the battle of Gettysburg
Day 4 - Total War, Surrender, and Assassination
- William Tecumseh Sherman, Lee's surrender at Appomattox, and the assassination of Abraham Lincoln
In addition to the presentation you will also get the following documents that you can use for homework or in class assignments:
- a worksheet that breaks down northern and southern advantages/disadvantages going into the conflict and key figures.
- A Civil War Quiz that is 5 multiple-choice, 5 definitions, 5 true/false, and five fill in the blank questions based off the powerpoint. The key is included.
- A Civil War project that allows the students to pick one of ten things to do related to the conflict. The project can be individual or group. I usually give my students a couple of days to work on the project in class as well.
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle