- Classification of Living Things - A 5E Lesson Bundle for middle and high school students. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is eithe$14.97$26.97Save $12.00
This 2-Day Classification of Living Things lesson package begins with an inquiry activity and is followed by an introduction to species classification/taxonomy. It then describes the 6 Kingdoms as well as the use of a Dichotomous Key. The lesson ends with an overview of how to create a dichotomous and an activity where the students get to apply what they have learned. The package also contains a Web Quest on the 6 Kingdoms which is a great way to get the kids engaged and interested in the topic.
The PowerPoint contains diagrams, examples and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint), 4 embedded videos, 1 Web Quest with answers and a student lesson handout as a word document which follows the PowerPoint. I have used this lesson in my own classroom with great success.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- 6 Kingdom Web Quest
- 4 videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Inquiry Activity
- How are living things grouped?
- Using a Mnemonic
- The 6 Kingdoms
- What is Dichotomous Key?
If you are interested in a really engaging and simply to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson,please CLICK HERE to learn more.
- "Another good tool to use with foldables and interactive notebook. Since I hate to use just the book, this was a great supplement, that actually lead me to not need my book this unit!"
- "Great resource..thank you so much!"
- "Thank you very much indeed for the work you've put into this project."
- "Love this! Made a great addition to going paperless this
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.