This is a set of five activities using ten vocabulary words from "The Cold Equations" by Tom Godwin.
The original list of words came from the "Words to Own" for "The Cold Equations" in my very old HRW Elements of Literature text. The activities will work with any version of the text, and since the resource is 100% editable, you could always change a few of the words if you would prefer to stick with a list from your textbook.
• a word sort to introduce the terms
• a categorization task to expand understanding
• a rubric for student drawings to illustrate the terms
• an independent worksheet with four different practice exercises
• a summary writing activity that ties the words back to the short story
Although most of the answers will vary, I did provide an answer key for the sections that have definitive answers. I've also included suggestions for using all of the activities, based on my own classroom experience.