(COLD WAR UNIT: Lesson #1 out of 2)
18 slide Power Point Presentation on the beginnings of the Cold War that covers:
- The ideological differences that led to a state of fear and mistrust between the United States and Soviet Union following WWII
- The opposing goals of each superpower for the continent of Europe
- The creation of occupied zones in Eastern Europe, Germany, & Berlin
- The Berlin Crisis including the Berlin Airlift and building of the Berlin Wall
- The development of Cold War Alliances and the "Iron Curtain"
- The Truman Doctrine, the Marshall Plan, and the development of an official U.S. policy of containment
- Major points of Cold War competition between the superpowers such as the Arms race and Space race
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A colorful map depicting the division of Europe following the Yalta Conference
- Photo's, maps, & political cartoons to support learning of events such as the the division of Germany & Berlin, the Berlin Crisis, The Marshall Plan, the nuclear arms race and the Space Race
- 4 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
- 1 guided essay question (scaffolded with terms) assessing student comprehension of early (1940's - 1960's) cold war events
- Bonus slide covering attempts to overthrow satellite governments (no longer tested in NYS) included at end of the ppt. in case needed
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***All materials designed for the Global III course of the New York State High School curriculum***