13 slide Power Point Presentation on the beginnings of the Cold War that covers:
- The ideological differences that led to a state of fear and mistrust between the United States and Soviet Union following WWII
- The opposing goals of each superpower for the continent of Europe
- The creation of occupied zones in Eastern Europe, Germany, & Berlin
- The Berlin Crisis including the Berlin Airlift and building of the Berlin Wall
- The development of Cold War Alliances and the "Iron Curtain"
- The Truman Doctrine, the Marshall Plan, and the development of an official U.S. policy of containment
- Major points of Cold War competition between the superpowers such as the Arms race and Space race
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A colorful map depicting the division of Europe following the Yalta Conference
- Photo's, maps, & political cartoons to support learning of events such as the the division of Germany & Berlin, the Berlin Crisis, The Marshall Plan, the nuclear arms race and the Space Race
- 1 guided essay question (scaffolded with terms) assessing student comprehension of early (1940's - 1960's) cold war events
***All materials designed for the Global IV course of the New York State High School curriculum***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) and other supporting materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
Contact me personally for a version of Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Just email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with Cloze notes attached.