PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I created this book to help my early intervention clients meet some of their IFSP goals in speech therapy. I have put myself into the book with a few different expressions and some comedic commentary. Read below to find out what you can do with this printable book. I hope you enjoy!
What you can use this book for:
1. Cause and effect/Predictions - Follow the directions to show what happens after you turn the page. Helps children learn to make predictions as well (e.g what do you think will happen next?)
2. Pointing - Help children use their pointer finger that can generalize to pointing for communication (e.g. Can you point to the red spot? Now point to something else in this room that is red.)
3. Imitating - Help children practicing imitating colors, shapes and counting.
4. Colors - 11 standard colors are shown. You can assess children's knowledge of colors.
5. Shapes - 11 shapes are shown. You can assess children's knowledge of shapes.
6. Expressions - There are a few expressions seen on my face in the pictures. Discuss with the children how the person is feeling and if they can demonstrate or imitate the same expressions (e.g. surprised).
7. Wh-questions - Used for all skills mentioned above!