This is the whole package! An entire year's worth of content. All major essay types and reading fiction/nonfiction all common core aligned and ready to go. All units are anchored by interactive, student friendly, and easy to use power point presentations. A plethora of practices, mentor texts, and graphic organizers are also paired thoughtfully with each unit. Also look forward to any updates and additions in this growing bundle.
Total Package Includes:
*Persuasive/Argumentative Essay Unit*
- A step by step 42 slide PowerPoint.
- PDF handouts of each slide to be printed and handed out as guides for students.
- Peer editing sheets.
- Self Editing Sheet
- Publishing paper.
- Mentor text example for students to read and critique.
- Brainstorming list of topics and possible reasons/counterclaims.
- Student Facing Evidence Based Rubric.
*Literary Essay Unit*
- 30 Slide Guided Powerpoint that breaks down each step of the writing process from (Brainstorming, Drafting, Revising, Editing, Publishing)
- Powerpoint presentation handouts
- Identifying Theme Practice Worksheet
*Nonfiction/Informational Writing Unit*
- 32 slide writing process powerpoint
- Powerpoint presentation handouts
- Student facing evidence based grading rubric
*Personal Narrative Writing Unit*
This complete bundle includes:
- 44 slide guiding power point presentation (including built in interactive quizzes)
- Printable handouts of power point presentation for notebooks
- Student facing self assessment rubric
- Mentor text
- Mentor Audio (*Heads up: a character does exclaim the word Hell in it when stung by a bee)
- Transcript of mentor audio
*Reading Fiction Unit*
This complete bundle includes
- Step by step guiding power point.
- Printable collection of slides for students to keep.
- Personality Vs. Emotions cheat sheet
- Identifying Narrator point of view Practice packet.
- Identifying Genres of Fiction Practice packet.
- Identifying Themes practice packet.
- Charting characters graphic organizer
*Reading Non Fiction Unit*
- Guiding Power Point Presentation (60 Slides)
- Printable Presentation Handouts
- Identifying an Author's Point of View Practice
- Summarizing a Text Organizer
- Making a Claim About a Text Organizer
- Matching Text Feature Definitions Practice
- Labeling Text Structures Practice
- Source Article: Energy Drinks
- Source Article:Selfies
- Source Article:Basketball
- Video Games
- Source Article:Pollution
- Source Article:Bullying
- Source Article:Being "hangry" (hungry and angry)
- 45 Slide Guiding Powerpoint
- Walk through on poetic techniques: simile, metaphor, alliteration, personification, -repetition, onomatopoeia
- Instruction on poetic forms: couplet, tercet, quatrain, cinquain, haiku, acrostic, structured cinquain, free verse
- Stanza structure
- How to chart rhyme scheme
- Interactive class quizzes on: poetic techniques, how to mark rhyme scheme, structured cinquains, poetic forms
- Acrostic guided practice worksheets
- Structured cinquain guided practice worksheets
- Haiku guided practice worksheets
- Couplet, tercet, quatrain, cinquain guided practice worksheets
Complete Grammar Bundle (Save Over 50%) Includes everything below!
Nouns Worksheet + Test
Prepositions Packet + Test
Adjectives Worksheet + Test
Verbs/Adverbs Worksheet + Test
Fact or Opinion Worksheet + Test
Nouns, Verbs,Adjectives Worksheet + Test
Direct Quotes Worksheet + Test
Colons and Semicolons Worksheet + Test
Commas Punctuation Worksheet + Test
There, Their, or They're + Your or You're (Plus Assessment)
Where, Were, or We're + Its or It's (Plus Assessment)
Citing Sources Worksheet ( MLA Style ) + Test
Comparing and Contrasting Worksheet + Test
Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Alliteration Worksheet + Test
Apostrophes (contractions and possessive nouns) Worksheet + Test
READING AND WRITING UNITS
Reading Nonfiction Unit (Common Core Aligned)
Reading Fiction Unit (Common Core Aligned)
Complete Writing Unit: Personal Narrative/Small Moment (Common Core Aligned)
Complete Writing Unit: Persuasive/Argument Essay (Common Core Aligned)
Complete Writing Unit: Nonfiction/Expository (Common Core Aligned)
Complete Writing Unit: Literary/Theme Essay (Common Core Aligned)
WRITING ABOUT READING
Non Fiction Text Structure Identifying Practice Pack
Determining Unknown Word Meaning Practice Pack
Cornell Notes Guides/Templates
50+ Reading Prompts Sticky Note Power Point
Current Events Handout
Show not Tell Practice
Personality Traits Graphic Organizer
Elements of Story: Setting+ Character+ Conflict+ Solution+ Theme Graphic Organizer
Complete Vocabulary Bundle (20% Total Discount!) Includes everything below!
Vocabulary Worksheet Freebie
Vocabulary Worksheet Bundle Set 1
Vocabulary Worksheet Bundle Set 2
Vocabulary Worksheet Bundle Set 3
Poetry Powerpoint Unit
Acrostic Poetry Practice Sheet
Cinquain Poetry Practice Sheet
Haiku Poetry Practice Sheet
FREE FOR YOUR WALLS!
"I Heart Books" Poster Freebie
Book Review Poster Freebie
Classroom Library Checkout Sheet
Famous Authors on Reading: Quote Posters
Graph Paper Freebie
Penmanship Paper Freebie
Goal Tracking Meter
Daily Reading Log
Venn Diagram Pack
Peer Editing Freebie
Vocabulary Worksheet Freebie
Story Board Template Freebie
Parts of Speech Cheat Sheet
Nouns Grammar Worksheet + Test
Class Cash Incentive Printout Freebie
Get To Know You Icebreaker Bingo Freebie
Blank Lined Paper (Great for Publishing!)
Persuasive Essay Rubric (Common Core Aligned)
Start, Stop, Continue Reflection Sheet Freebie
KWL (Know, Want to Know, Learned) Chart Template
Super Mario Boxes and Bullets Organizer: Main Idea + Details
Boxes and Bullets Organizers: Main Idea and Supporting Details
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting feedback as it helps me improve on my past and future products. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. About once a month I like to email my followers about a paid product that will be free for a weekend. Follow and get the heads up!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License