This product is the complete first-grade checklist bundle of all three writing text types. These illustrated, grade-specific, kid-friendly writing checklists are designed to provide a visual reminder to students of what they have learned how to do and reminds them of what they are aiming towards as writers.
Checklists will support all student writers no matter what the teaching framework. They help to spell out the CCSS writing and language expectations in ways that make sense to children.
Each checklist pared down and chunked by skill set highlighted in the CCSS. Focusing on the three main aspects of writing: structure, development, and language conventions. Simple, purposeful visuals, along with clear, simple descriptors and writing examples, will support students in identifying the targeted strategy or skill they are aiming to transfer to their writing.
These illustrated checklists are designed to use a variety of way to support flexible teaching. It’s a great goal setting, peer editing, and self-assessment tool for students. Teachers may find them useful as a tool to help differentiate instruction, use during writing conferences and to share with parents during learning conversations.
Included in this bundle:
• Coaching tips spotlighting the suggested use of checklists across a writing unit of study
• Color and black/white kid-friendly illustrated writing checklists written featuring “I Can” statements for all three text types
• Color and black/white kid-friendly spelling and language convention illustrated checklists written “I Can” Statements
• Color kid and black/white kid-friendly writing process illustrated checklists written with “I Can” Statements
• Student writing reflection sheets for each text type of writing that can be used as a quick tool for your students to self-evaluate their writing experience prior to report cards or conference
Thank You and Happy Writing! - Pure Literacy
© 2016, Pure Literacy, LLC. |
Keywords: illustrated writing checklist, illustrated editor’s checklist, Kindergarten Common Core Writing Checklist, Lucy Calkins New Writing Units of Study Checklists, writer’s toolkit, writing workshop, writer’s workshop, editing, writing process, Common Core Writing Text Type Checklists, editor’s toolkit, kid-friendly writing checklist, writing goal setting checklist, writing self-assessment, writing reflection sheet, First Grade Opinion Writing checklists, First Grade Information Writing checklists, First Grade Narrative Writing checklists.