A huge hit with my students, they can't wait to see what comes next each week!
This is a package of 30 pages (including 17 worksheet sets) that follows the ENTIRE series of La Fea Mas Bella, a popular Mexican telenovela. Most worksheets focus on a 15 minute segment of the show, so that the students can follow the main plotline, without too much screen time. There are also a few teaser episodes. What else will you find?
- A synopsis of the entire series.
- A teacher's guide on how I used the sheets in my class.
- A synopsis of each episode in English.
- A list of vocabulary words that students need to look up and write down.
- Students check off the words they have researched as they watch the show, to promote listening and understanding.
- As the students learn more Spanish and the show's plot, the vocabulary increases in difficulty, and students need to answer questions to check for their comprehension.
- These activities can take between 20 and 40 minutes, depending on how much time you want the students to put into the activity. I showed one episode each week for a semester.
- The sheets are posted in Pages, PDF and Word format (word may format differently as I was working on a Mac).
- For beginner to intermediate Spanish speakers.
You can easily purchase La Fea from Amazon for $11.98 or Hulu, or even YouTube. However, I based the timing of each episode off of the DVDs.
*Spanish is my third language, however, I have worked hard to do the best translations and work that I could! If there are any tiny errors, I would very happy to immediately fix them for you :)