The Compound-Complex Sentence: In this activity, students enhance their understanding of sentence structure by identifying the clauses in complex-compound sentences; students also classify types of sentences as compound, complex, or compound-complex. The set features grammar posters, 40 task cards, and a matching build-your-own storage case for fun and convenient organization of your cards!
• 40 task cards, which feature compound and complex sentence practice
• Instructions for using task cards
• Printable storage case template
• 3 grammar posters (compound-complex sentences, independent clause or dependent clause, at-a-glance sentence structure)
• Student recording sheets
• Answer key
• 23 pages total
My students love to use the task cards with a partner as part of a class competition. The posters are an excellent visual tool, which can be distributed to students or displayed on a wall or bulletin board. My students like to refer to this as the “grammar wall.”
Note: For maximum durability, we recommend printing the storage case template on heavy cardstock. Another good technique is to print it on regular paper and gluing it to a file folder prior to assembling. The case is large enough to hold 40 laminated cards with room to spare.
This is the third set in a series:
1. Simple & Compound Sentences
2. Compound & Complex Sentences
3. The Compound-Complex Sentence
4. Sentence Structure Review & Quiz
Get all four products at a discount when you buy our bundled set
Our Grammar Busters activities enable students to tackle difficult elements of grammar through hands-on practice. They feature our own original designs and are aligned to CCSS. We hope you enjoy using these learning tools with your students!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
LOOKING FOR MORE GRAMMAR?
We were hoping you'd say that! Help your students find their inner grammar geeks with our Grammar Busters series. Check out our Shamrock Shakers: St. Patrick's Day Preposition & Limerick Game, Sentence Structure Bundle: 160 Task Cards Plus Posters & Quiz, and FREE Writing Transitions Poster.
© 2013 by Classroom Core. All Rights Reserved.