This set of paired passages includes one nonfiction passage paired with a fiction passage about the Constitutional Convention as well as close reading activities. This packet would be a great supplement to review some concepts about the Constitutional Convention including the purpose of the convention, major leaders, and challenges faced.
Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 4th and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fiction passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response task for each passage
- Cause and effect task
- Summary organizers
- Vocabulary organizers
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Early American History Paired Passages Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Connect With Me: