The Cooperating Teacher's Guide to Success: Ensuring a Successful Semester With Your Student Teacher will give you all the right tools to prepare and coach your student teacher. The sections in this guide are as follows:
1) Developing and Communicating Your Expectations
2) Helping Your Student Teacher Prepare for a Successful Semester
3) Coaching Your Student Teacher
4) Frequently Asked Questions
6) Letters of Recommendation
7) Final Thoughts on Being a Cooperating Teacher
My methods and advice are based on techniques I've developed after mentoring scores of student observers and student teachers. You will find each page packed with actionable tips and ideas that will ensure a successful and satisfying semester with your student teacher.
My approach is nurturing; my emphasis is on modeling and coaching. Since my experience is with middle school and high school English/Language Arts, my examples are drawn from them.
Note that if you are an elementary school teacher, my sections on preparation and coaching will be helpful, but my examples may not be as helpful.