The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler Movie Study Guide
6th - 8th
What educators are saying
This was a good way to end our Anne Frank study. The worksheets have good resources for before, during and after the movie.
My students have read a book about the Holocaust in Poland, and this packet helped my student further grasp what I needed them to understand.
Also included in
- The Holocaust is one of the most important subjects to remember and teach. The Holocaust is a complex subject. Many students may have questions about this time period, such as,"How did it happen?""Did Jews resist?""What was life like in the concentration camps?""Can it happen again?"This unit studyPrice $16.00Original Price $20.00Save $4.00
The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler is an incredible Hallmark movie about a Polish Catholic social worker who rescued 2,500 Jewish children by smuggling them out of the Warsaw Ghetto during the Holocaust.
This packet comes with 17 pages of discussion, research, and activities, including an answer key.
- Pre-Viewing Questions
- Discussion Questions (2 ways)
- Irena vs Other Polish Citizens
- Lessons Learned/Traits of Irena
- Escaping from the Ghetto pros and cons
- Holocaust Vocabulary
- Life of Irena Sendler (paragraph and quiz)
- Poland During WWII (paragraph)
- The Warsaw Ghetto (paragraph and quiz)
- Righteous Among the Nations activity (research)
- "First They Came" poem analysis
- Extended Resources
Note: Several of the same activities are included in The Zookeeper's Wife Movie Study.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.