The Crawfords’ BIG Book of Math-tivities is full of new ideas for helping K - 2 students learn math - and have fun while they learn!
If you teach young children that math involves fun and creativity, you can help them develop an early appreciation of mathematics. Students who enjoy math class will approach the subject with a high energy level and an open mind, making it easier for them to learn new skills. And if a student gains an early appreciation of math, that student will be more likely to succeed in mathematics in the future.
That's the driving force behind Math-tivities. So if you're stuck in a rut when it comes to teaching math to your kindergarten, grade 1, or grade 2 students, try some “Math-tivities”! Brian and Yvonne Crawford have developed new ways to enliven your math class and help your students learn. Try:
• Mathbooking - a new combination of math journals + scrapbooking
• Math Glyphs - students answer math questions to create a personal work of art
• Math and Tell - combines storytelling with math word problems
• Math Games and Puzzles - brand-new math games to entertain students while they learn
• Taking Math Outside - use the great outdoors as your new location for math class
• Holiday Math - special seasons of the year are perfect for showcasing math
• Mason, one of the many characters you'll find in Math-tivities
What’s more, all the Common Core State Standards for mathematics in kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2 are aligned with one or more “math-tivity,” so you can be sure your curriculum is covered while your students are learning to love math!
Click here to order the digital version.