Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
170.69 MB | 159 pages
Tried, tested and challenging 8 week unit on Arthur Miller's modern classic play 'The Crucible'! Suitable for ages 14-17, this unit covers the play in its entireity, focusing upon exploration of key characters and themes. This culminates in an end-of-unit examination that assesses students' reading and writing skills through a choice of two essays and a creative writing task.
* 24 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 116 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Copies of extracts annotated in detail for teacher use
* Homework project
* Copies of all required video clips - 'The Crucible synopsis; 'The Crucicle' contexts; 'Better Dead than Red' contexts
Unit's lessons include:
* Context match-up and comprehension questions
* Character mapping - Puritan society and power in the 1690s
* Exploration of characters - John Proctor and Reverend Hale
* Exploration of themes - Religion, Relationships, Jealousy, Respect
* Exploration of tension and hysteria in the play
* In-depth key extract analyses
* Essay planning skills
* End-of-unit formal reading exam (choice of two questions; one theme, one character)
* End-of-unit formal writing exam (writing to describe)
* End-of-unit formal exam teacher's mark scheme
* Spelling tests (differentiated)
* SPaG activities
* 2 HUGE 60-question revision quizzes
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
NOTE: End-of-unit exam will simply require applicable levels added to mark scheme; actual marking bands and criteria can remain the same.
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!