*********For key, and the ENTIRE Crucible Unit including assessments, powerpoints for every act, powerpoints for some of the activities, supplemental articles and MORE, please download the entire "The Crucible Common Core Ready Unit - All you will need!" resource. Feedback is greatly appreciated!*********
For the past 5 years, I have taught The Crucible, and have attempted to revamp this reader each year. I hope you like it!!!
This reader consists of 35 pages for students! Students use this reader for the entirety of the unit and do much more than memorizing vocabulary or recalling plot.
The Reader includes pre-reading, during reading, and post reading activities:
- using Greek/Latin Roots & Context Clues for vocabulary from each act.
LANGUAGE CONVENTIONS using the Crucible
- Semi-Colon Practice
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Active vs. Passive Voice
- Scenario “Whether or Not to Aid a Fellow Teenager”
- Anticipation Guide
- Nonfiction Article “Witchcraft in Puritan New England”
- Puritanism Notes & Activity “Witch Hunt Game”
- Poetry Analysis “Hanging Mary”
-Introduction / Act I - Characterization
- 7 Deadly Sins / Virtues - Archetypes
- Act II – Foreshadowing, Allusions, Metaphors
- Act III – Irony, Logical Fallacies
- Act IV – Recap, connection to Theme
- Conflicts, Resolutions, & Impacts
- Denotation & Connotation "What’s in a Name?"
- Discussion Questions
- Milgram Experiment
- Movie Analysis Questions
This does NOT include the key, powerpoints, essay topics, assessments, enrichment texts, and supplemental activities. Those can be found by downloading the "The Crucible Common Core Ready Unit! ALL YOU WILL NEED."
Feedback greatly appreciated.