Also included in
- With this set of resources, you will have a full year's worth of materials for teaching the American literature from America's beginnings to today. If you are new to an American Literature course/junior English, or if you are veteran teacher looking to make some changes, address differentiation, or$105.35$150.50Save $45.15
Teach Miller's The Crucible from beginning to end with challenging, creative, and real-world activities. The resources in this literature guide for The Crucible are classic yet modern, rigorous yet fun, and of course, easy to prep and organized to make your job easier.
Student Experience: From the active reading graphic organizers with QR links to videos where students can hear from Miller himself to the modern witch hunt short research project to the paired poetry lesson with Anne Bradstreet's "Upon the Burning of our House" to reading about modern-day hysteria, this unit plan will take your students deep into the text and beyond. It's perfect for discussing themes such as bullying, stereotyping, hysteria, love, and revenge with modern teens. At the same time, it's rich for analyzing theme, conflict, irony, character development, and allegory -- all key skills for any language arts classroom. There is so much variety here. Kids love the task cards and projects. You will love the quizzes and graphic organizers to make sure your students are reading and understanding. Your admin will love that it’s standards aligned and allows for differentiation.
- Unit Scope and Day-by-Day pacing guide, editable in traditional and Google format
- introductory PPT with background info, activator, and notes, editable
- active reading graphic organizers with answers for each act, editable in traditional and Google format
- close reading exercises for each act, PDF and digital for Google version
- characterization for main characters with prompts, editable and digital for Google version
- two short research media presentation projects on modern witch hunts and the real Salem
- info text pairings (McCarthyism, Salem Witch Trials, Modern Mysterious Illness, Putnam's apology)
- poetry pairing (Bradstreet)
- short writing prompts for each mode, editable in traditional and Google format
- interactive plot review and theme activities
- final exam, editable and self-checking Google form version
- readers' theater abridged scripts for each act, editable
- ELA unit vocabulary, editable
- words in context vocabulary lists for each act, editable
- figurative language for each act, PDF and digital for Google version
- classroom posters
- three grammar worksheets, editable
- reading quizzes, editable
- three coloring sheets
- key quotes analysis for each act, editable
- interactive review game for plot
- character motive trackers for each act, PDF and digital for Google version
- answers included for most files where answers don't vary
Classroom success stories from other teachers who have loved this resource:
♥ "This is a great resource for The Crucible. It is organized well for a day by day plan, and is easily restructured for alternative schedules (I only see my students every other day). My students are enjoying the lessons."
♥ "I have never taught The Crucible before, and I did not know I would have to teach it this year, so I was completely unprepared. I have asked my colleagues for their lessons/units, but their resources were pretty basic - read the text and answer questions about it. This unit has a variety of activities which will make reading more fun for my students. This is also my first purchase on TpT, and this unit is absolutely worth it! :-)"
♥ "This is an EXCELLENT resource! I love the creativity & design of the worksheets. They aren't "boring" to look at & make the assignments fun. "
♥ "Another AWESOME unit from Ms. Faulkner. Saved me lots of time and helped me get my 11th graders excited about the play."
♥ "Everything you need to teach the play, this was a great resource that I used my first year teaching. My unit has since grown and modified as I have taught, but this will be good for anyone who needs a solid unit. "
♥ "After purchasing her Fahrenheit 451 unit I purchased this unit too, and it did not disappoint! There are so many activities that you can do with you students. My students LOVED the reader's theatre activities in every act where I let them dress up and really play the part. "
♥ "I looked through dozens of plans and units and didn't find any that seemed as thorough and varied as yours. I can't wait to use some of your unit and will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work!"
Interested in more of my literature units:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Created 2012, updated 2022