This unit contains, frankly, loads of activities, worksheets and notes. It is full in that it is everything I've used this year in teaching it, as well as a few things I just didn't have the time to get to! This is a great text to teach and it always is relevant.
Included in this zip file are:
- Historical background reading notes
- Background research table activity
- Act/scene questions
- Plot, conflict, theme comprehension task
- Setting/historicity questions
- Plot summary table activity
- Character PPT with interwoven questions for characters
- Character table activity
- Character relationships table activity
- Extension questions
- Significant quotes list and writing task
- Mock trial dramatic acting/thinking task
- Puritan role playing acting/thinking task
- Dramatic tension acting/writing task
- Closing Argument/Facebook task
- Political/propaganda cartoons task (artistic)
- Theme notes
- Sample essay questions
- Assessment preparation
- Sample essay response (designed for teachers to show construction)
- Essay scaffold
- Essay criteria/rubric (two different types as Word documents, so you can change them to suit your school or individual needs)
- Further reading
- Glossary of vocabulary
A great text that is always engaging and relevant.
Good luck with it!
PS. Also included are the standard Raven Hall assessment sheets, as MS Word documents so you can change them easily. These have generic place holder names (for school name, novel/text name and author, and assessment title, for example) to demonstrate the formatting. Delete these and insert the relevant information for your school. The aspects to change for updating are in red.