This is a complete small unit on the Medieval Crusades of 1095 to 1270. It contains the following in one PDF document.
1. Cover Page.
2. Six pages of information about the Crusades, with text, images and lots of primary material. The topics covered are: The Call for the Crusades, Motives for the Crusaders, The First Crusade, The Second Crusade, The Third Crusade, Later Crusades, Results of the Crusades.
3. One pages of images depicting what Europe gained from contact with the Muslim East.
4. A page of 9 questions where students test their understanding on the Crusades. Some are individual questions, some are group tasks. Students can do all of them, or as the teacher you can set some of them only.
5. A crossword, which is based on the information in the handout.
6. A culminating Essay Task with marking grid. The Essay topic is - Were the Crusaders invaders or heroes? Discuss.
This unit is all inclusive and ready to print for students and use immediately.
*NOTE - spelling mistake on page 1 has been corrected 12 September 2014 - Thank you*