The Cryosphere Webquest comes with a worksheet and an answer key. Each clickable link in the webquest points to information that your students need to complete the worksheet. Besides sharing the webquest with students and printing the worksheets, no other prep is needed to conduct this earth science lesson on the cryosphere.
How do I use this resource?
1.) Share the PDF webquest file with clickable links to student computers.
2.) Print the accompanying worksheets.
3.) That’s it! Students are ready to get started.
Students click the links embedded into stunning photographs in the webquest to find answers to questions on various web pages. (The questions follow the order of the links.) Students write their responses on the accompanying worksheet.
In this webquest, students will discover an essential part of the hydrosphere, the cryosphere. They’ll learn about Earth’s frozen water in its various forms: snow, ice sheets, icebergs, sea ice, ice shelves, permafrost, and glaciers. This activity is an engaging and substantive way to round out your unit on the water cycle or Earth’s spheres.
All of Forward-Thinking Curriculum’s webquests meet the following stringent quality criteria:
· All links connect to very carefully-selected and modern websites.
· All linked online texts are from highly authoritative and reputable sources (specific sources for this webquest are shown below).
· Students can complete all of the included questions by accessing the online texts and the images alone. No earphones or other special technology are needed to access the information.
· The online texts are at a reading level that is accessible to middle and high school students.
· Very importantly, all links are routinely checked and maintained!
This resource includes the following:
• Webquest: Stunning images directly link students to relevant informational text from the National Snow and Ice Data Center, the National Park Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Click the green preview button above to preview every page. (PDF, 7 pages)
• Student worksheet (PDF, 17 short-answer questions, 4 pages)
• Answer key to student worksheet (PDF, 4 pages)
Please remember, this purchase is for the use of one teacher. It is not intended to be shared. Please use the “Buy Licenses to Share” button if more than one teacher will be using it. Thank you!
© Forward-Thinking Curriculum