This is a unit that is guaranteed to catch your music student's attention! Students (especially middle school) LOVE the Cup Game! So why not use it to teach them so much more?
This is a 19 page PDF download that includes:
1. Table of contents.
2. Five day (or more) suggested lesson guide with direct progression through Bloom's Taxonomy.
3. Reproducible handouts at 2 music reading levels so your students can analyze and dictate the rhythms they are using (Music reading Level 1 avoids the use of 16th notes, and Level 2 includes the 16th notes, so the teacher can use this lesson for students at a variety of abilities).
4. Provides a teaching page with "The Moves" only with picture assistance so they can practice at home and perfect their skills. Also, can be used for the non-reading music students.
5. A template for students to create their own compositions for the emerging composer and complete it with their own choreography.
6. There is a teacher resource page that tells the "story" of the Cup Game and the song and how both have evolved and come together over the last 75 years.
7. Includes many video links to songs, examples, and tutorials
Flexible. Adaptable. Hands-On. Fun!