Snow day? If you're needing a no-prep, easy-to-use pack of printable activities for the day after a snow day, this resource is for you! This pack contains reading, math, writing, science, and social studies activities that are quick and easy for the teacher, yet fully engaging for your students! It is Common Core-Aligned and full of fun!
The pack contains the following:
- Ice Skating Issues (Character Response RL.2.3)
- School Closings (Author’s Purpose RI.2.6, Supporting the Specific Point RI.2.8)
- Sledding Adventures (Overall Structure RL.2.5)
- Cold Weather Problems (Word Problems 2.OA.A.1)
- Bundle Up to Add & Subtract (Add & Subtract 2.NBT.B.5)
- Penguin Mental Math (Add & Subtract 10 & 100 2.NBT.B.8)
- How Did You Spend Your Snow Day? (Narrative)
- How to Make Hot Chocolate (Informative/Explanatory)
- Skiing, Sledding, or Ice Skating? (Opinion)
- The Snow Cycle (States of Matter)
- Set up a Hot Chocolate Stand (Economics)
You might also be interested in:
- Informative Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Advanced Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Common Core Writing Activities (monthly writing centers)
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.