The Day Jimmy’s Boa Ate the Wash by Trinka Hakes Noble is a wonderfully funny book featuring the crazy antics of a school field trip! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities! Following reading the book (sold separately), engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing and retelling with with pictures
2. Comprehension questions
3. Name That Function Game- Students name the function of a pictured item from the book.
4. Cause & Effect- Students match effects with causes of all of the crazy antics in the book.
5. Verb Tense Field Trip Board Game- Students are given a verb from the book. After rolling a die, they move a game piece to a space noting a verb tense and create a sentence using the verb in the given tense. The verbs include irregulars.
6. Following Directions- Cards featuring one-step, temporal and conditional directions ask students to complete tasks/actions related to those in the book.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute book, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!