Enjoy some math fun after reading aloud The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt with this easy to use packet of number activities, printables and math center resources! The activities are appropriate for Kindergarten and some 1st grade children too!
Help your students to develop their understanding of number and practise using basic operations.
Inside this packet you'll find:
- Ordering numbers within 10 (cut and paste activities) : before, after and between
- Matching number words to numerals (cut and paste activities)
- Color ten frames to match numerals 1-10
- Which crayon do you like best? Tallying and graphing activity
- Mystery picture 100 square coloring activity
- Sorting Numbers (cut and paste activities) : less than 5 / 5 or more; less than 10 / 10 or more; odd and even; basic + and – within 10
-Crayons Bingo Game: matching amounts, number words and numerals – look out for the crayons quit cards!
- Jigsaw type activities: match numeral to amount (0-20) designed to reinforce ten plus a single digit to make a teen number
match number word to amount (0-20)
Color and blackline versions included. (56 pages in each)
Check out our other fun math packets inspired by children's books:
Chicka Chicka 123 Math Activities
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License