PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Day the Crayons Quit, by Drew Daywalt is Common Core aligned and used to teach: compare and contrast, character traits, main idea/comprehension, adjectives, writing a friendly letter, writing and opinion piece, types of sentences, verb tenses, and editing. Pages include instructional sheets, activities, and task cards.
Use this literature unit in literacy stations or as a class. Each topic/objective has an instructional page or anchor chart to go along with it. Drew Daywalt's sequel to The Day the Crayons Quit is also available in my store! Click below to see The Day the Crayons Came Home:
Would you like to SAVE MONEY and buy the bundle instead? Check it out here:
You may also be interested in these Language Arts products:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVEFREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.