The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt
These PDF products are zipped in one file and the links for each individual product can be found here:
THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT LITERATURE UNIT
THE DAY THE CRAYONS CAME BACK LITERATURE UNIT
The Day the Crayons Quit:
The Day the Crayons Quit, by Drew Daywalt is Common Core aligned and used to teach: compare and contrast, character traits, main idea/comprehension, adjectives, writing a friendly letter, writing and opinion piece, types of sentences, verb tenses, and editing. Pages include instructional sheets, activities, and task cards. Use The Day the Crayons Quit literature unit in literacy stations or as a class. Each topic/objective has an instructional page to go along with it. Drew Daywalt's sequel to The Day the Crayons Quit is also available in my store!
The Day the Crayons Came Home:
This is the BRAND NEW best selling picture book by the author of The Day the Crayons Quit! The Day the Crayons Came Home, by Drew Dewalt is Common Core aligned and can be used to teach: compare and contrast, main idea/comprehension, irregular verbs, writing (narratives and postcard format), comparing adjectives, and editing (demonstrating command of conventions). Pages include instructional sheets, activities, and task cards. Use The Day the Crayons Came Back literature unit in literacy stations or as a class. Each topic/objective has an instructional page to go along with it.
You may also be interested in these Literature Companions:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.