This Christmas themed unit is based on Drew Drywalt's instant classic picture book, "The Day the Crayons Quit."
The unit ties an understanding of the picture book to Christmas (Note: This unit can also easily be adapted to not include Christmas and rather a compliment to a study on reindeer).
1. Title page
2. Math connection – Spinner; pictogram graphic organizer
3. Letter to a crayon – Please come back! (Introduce students to letter writing by writing a letter to a crayon of their choice from Duncan’s perspective).
4. Character traits graphic organizer: Discuss what a character trait is, and have students record their ideas in the chart.
5. Reindeer research graphic organizer: Have students learn a little bit more about reindeers.
6. Reindeer quit letter organizer
7. Reindeer quit letter template
8. Reindeer quit project overview (Student examples included)
9. Reindeer quit project - stencils
10. Reindeer quit project marking guide