This PowerPoint presentation was designed to facilitate classroom discussion and promote reading comprehension. The following elements are addressed in the PowerPoint:
1. Tall Tale (definition, elements, mnemonic device)
2. Hyperbole (definition, examples, textual references)
3. Allusion (definition, examples, textual references)
4. Metaphor (definition, examples, "formula" for application)
5. Simile (definition, examples, "formula" for application, textual references)
6. Suspension of Disbelief (definition)
7. Regional Dialect (definition, textual references)
8. Several analytical post-reading questions for class discussion, answers included.
Looking for a quiz to measure reading comprehension of this short story?
♦ "The Devil & Daniel Webster" Quiz